Clone RAID0 array to single HDD

SALEEN961

I recently encountered some signs that one of the harddrives in my RAID0 array is failing and I was wondering if I can clone a RAID0 array to a single HD using Acronis True Image. I tried doing this once before but the OS files were corrupted and none of my drives would load the OS after the cloning attempt so I'm not sure if that was a fluke or possibly the result of trying to clone a RAID array onto a single HD. If it matters the RAID array is two 250GB HDs (only 160Gb used), my backup drive is a single 250GB HD, and I'm running Win7 64-bit. Should I attempt to clone my RAID array or should I just transfer over my important files and forget about cloning?

I have successfully cloned a RAID0 array to a single drive over my home network using Acronis. I think you should be able to clone your RAID0 array to another hard drive on your machine with that software.

Make sure you are cloning FROM a raid-0 device TO a raid-0 device, not just a single HD.
WHY? Raid-0 sectors are formatted differently than a Windows/Mac or Linux HD
and while the cloning might work, the OS would not be able to read the data w/o the same Raid-0 system installed.

Back