TechSpot

[Closed] Avast! "Dodged a bullet" pop-up message

?

Is this dangerous or do you know for a fact that its a harmless false alert?

1. False alert for sure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Dangerous for sure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Possibly dangerous

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
By DODGEDaBULLET
Jul 10, 2012
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I usually watch episodes of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia on "putlocker.com" linked through "tv-links.eu" and avast is always giving me some pop-up avast notification saying:

avast! saved your computer from crashing

You just dodged a bullet

You may be wondering how you ended up with a virus, especially if you were visiting a 'normal' site. The latest research from the avast! Virus Lab shows that more than 80% of malware (viruses, spyware, and the like) spreads through legitimate websites, with only 1% coming from suspicious or 'dodgy' sites.
    Good thing avast! had your back.

~~

Infection Details
    URL:
    Process: C:UsersdanielAppDataLocalGoogleChr...
    Infection: URL:Mal

This is probably just some fake alert to get me to buy upgrade protection but I just wanted to make sure, also scanned my computer and found nothing..any ideas?