[Closed] Spam being sent from my AOL Acct fr the WEB=Attn Bobbye

Status
Not open for further replies.

seeknpeace

Bobbye

I think that you have our work confused with someone else. You closed a session that I had responded to saying you had not heard from Julie Anne in a week. I am not Julie Anne and I did post what you asked as an edit, and heard nothing, and then came back and told you I was still waiting. So I am confused.

If you look at the Edits on the posts that I had waited a week for a response from you, I think that the last thing you asked me to do was maybe the combofix? and the eset? virus program that I could not get to run as you said it would. It would tell me that I did not have a virus but there was not a button on the end of it allowing a save. There was a log file in the file on the c drive but nothing was in it. I put all that in the edit on the other session.

So, I am not Julie Anne, and I am not sure how you missed my responses, but they are there.

Sorry-wrong name, but right message. Threads are closed when there is no reply for 5 days

My reply 1 Week Ago: On your thread: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic162409.html
Reply #14:
If you have something to add, please use the Edit feature to include it in your prior reply. I get email feedback for every reply.

No, I don't want the email header. There is nothing I can do about it. The only thing I can do is look for malware on your system. If infection is found in emails, it will show on one of the logs.

I understand the complications of giving up a long time email account. AOL had most of us chained to them for years. When I left them years ago and wrote to cancel and close my account, they threatened to give my email address to someone else. You will not get any help from them.

IF you want my help in this matter, you need to go ahead with he scans. The logs will give me information that my help me help you. If you aren't going to do this, I will free up the time to help others.

Have you don't anything about the multiple AV programs?
Have you run the Eset scan?
Have you run Combofix?
I can help you troubleshoot the System Restore settings later. at this point, you should not be attempting to use the feature.

There was no reply for a week. Threads are closed when there is no reply for 5 days. You got 2 extra days

If you still have the problem and can give me some logs, send me a PM and request the thread be opened..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back