[Closed] Virus that does not let me get past the load screen etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicks12223

I will start when I got the virus it was 2 weeks ago. When i turn on my computer after I type in the password it pause for 15 seconds; Then it flash all these letters and numbers. I can not get in to safe mode because it does the same thing. I try to use my system recover disk but it says wrong operating system i got new disk from the Company it says the same thing. So I got the idea would buying a new OS fix the problem please help. I got the feeling all this would had been avoid that day if i did not work because my computer should a new icon at the bottom but i did not get a chance to read because i was running late.

Do you have a question here? It would surely help if you gave some information.

What is the OS?
What virus infection did you remove?
Give us some information about the system you are using.
===============================================
My Guidelines: please read and follow:
  • Be patient. Malware cleaning takes time and I am also working with other members while I am helping you.
  • Read my instructions carefully. If you don't understand or have a problem, ask me.
  • If you have questions, or if a program doesn't work, stop and tell me about it. Don't try to get around it yourself.
  • Follow the order of the tasks I give you. Order is crucial in cleaning process.
  • File sharing programs should be uninstalled or disabled during the cleaning process..
  • Observe these:
    [o] Don't use any other cleaning programs or scans while I'm helping you.
    [o] Don't use a Registry cleaner or make any changes in the Registry.
    [o] Don't download and install new programs- except those I give you.
  • Please let me know if there is any change in the system.
If I have not replied for 2 days, you can send me a PM reminder. Include the URL of your thread. Please do not send me a PM to tell me your logs are up.
If I don't get a reply from you in 5 days, the thread will be closed. If your problem persist, you can send a PM to reopen it.
=====================================

Windows Xp. I don't know the virus name is and i was not able to remove it. i have not been able to get on my laptop or use it. If you want to know what my computer is it a qosmio g25-513. I'm currently using my parents computer.

Please clarify what help you would like. You tell me you "not been able to get on my laptop or use it."

What happens when you try?

After the laptop lets me type in the password it pause for a few seconds and then shows all these highlighted letter and number that flash all over the screen. I would like to know a way i could fix it. sorry about that

I'm sorry, but I do not have enough information to guide you. If you can't get in to the system at all, you are going to need to reformat and reinstall the operating system.

You will find excellent reformat/reinstall instructions here:
http://www.tech-101.com/tutorials/356-tutorial-windows-install-repair-xp-vista.html

Beating yourself up because you had to hurry to get to work isn't going to help you work through this. Whatever happened is done. you go from there.

Sorry about this again when I press the key to delete all partitions my computer turns off every time i try to do that So I'm stuck. i got a question on eBay they are selling a hard drive for the laptop I'm using $20 Can I just get that.

I can't tell you whether a new hard drive will handle the problem because I don't have any information about what is on the system.

I'm going to close this thread. If you have a problem in the future and suspect malware, please describe it and follow the scan stes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back