Cmd, msconfig, regedit and task manager aren't working for XP prof SP2

Status
Not open for further replies.

egydarceyes

Hello guys,

I own an HP DV6626us that came with Vista Home Premium installed, I've had some issues, some ups and downs. About a week ago, I decided that it's time for me to downgrade, one of my friends told me that it's quite easy and it's a less headache.

I have downgraded to XP professional SP2, I had to do some tweaks to install it and get it past Vista SATA driver.

Now I'm just realizing that none of my essentials things are working.
Command prompt, msconfig, regedit, as well as the task manager... all aren't working and displaying error messages at times real fast that I can't capture them.

It's been really bugging me lately and I need to find a solution which is how I got led to this forum. I do not have any Anti Virus, so I installed AVG this morning and I got a couple of screen shots I'll be including for you guys to see if it's similar to what the thread creator has.

I have been keeping up with the Windows Update.. and actually updating to SP3 right at this moment, I'm not sure if this would be an issue against what I'm trying to fix.

Here are the couple of shots that I have taken after running a complete computer scan.

error2.jpg

error1.jpg

This last pic popped up right after I had to restart when the scan was over.

I'm currently doing a full scan using Malwarebytes, and I'll post results as soon as it's done.

Thanks in advance.

There is NOTHING wrong with Vista! Period!

There is a LOT WRONG with the internet! For true!

Re-install your Vista and install some decent internet protection.

ps - wipe that drive

There is NOTHING wrong with Vista! Period!

There is a LOT WRONG with the internet! For true!

Re-install your Vista and install some decent internet protection.

ps - wipe that drive

I downgraded primarily because the performance of Vista was "dragging", it has a slow boot, it was getting old with the permission feature, every little issue turned into a big one and I needed to system restore more than once. It was annoying.

SO! Re-install XP with a Kill Disk on your drive to start and then before you do have a download of Comodo Firewall and AVG8.0 or similar on a CD and SpyBot S&D also and put those on and make SURE Windows Firewall is up and running before you go online then fire up Comodo Firewall and update it and the other stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back