CMOS battery keeps dying every few months... computer starts but no beep to post

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had this computer for 2 yrs since I built it. Has a Asus M2N-SLI mobo with athlon 6400 x2. 4gigs ram, Nvidia 9800 gtx, 600W PS. Most of the time runs fine, no signs of problem. Clock's acurate no lost time. Every 2 months or so, in the morning go to boot up and no beep or post. Just runs all fans and everything but never posts.

After first time I figured out when I replaced cmos battery it works fine. But keeps happening every 2 months or so. Any ideas? Battery should last much longer than 2 months. I'm stumped on this one and even my professors at college don't know. One tech support guy said might be a grounding problem with mobo and case. But that sounds weird. Mobo is mounted like case manufacturer says with brass pins holding it up. Please help...

Just got a new cmos battery and it booted up. When I booted up it was resuming windows from hibernation.. Would that cause battery to die? Doesn't sound right to me... Please help. Can't keep buying these batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back