CMOS checksum error when i alter settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

james_k1988

I recently reset my CMOS (pulled out jumper an put it back in) to attempt to fix a problem. Now i get a message whenever i start saying

CMOS checksum error. Defaults Loaded

Now i have looked around for this proble and i did find lots of cases but none quite the same as mine. I couldnt get this to shift so i decided to update the bios . So i did and hey presto it loaded up without this message.

But...

I am needing to alter some of my BIOS settings. Especailly teh fan control speed (i have another thread about this, seems to be having a CPU temp prob, and a slow fan is all i need :( ). You just set the high, medium and low so the fan knows how fast to spin. But whenever i change this (OR anything in the bios) I get the CMOS Checksum error again. And have to reinstall the bios drivers again to get rid of it. And i am needing to change the fan speed badly. I'm using speedfan just now which is doing fine but would prefer my mobo to do it for me.

Any ideas? puke:

well i only just got he mobo a short while ago, bt the thought did cross my mind. Ill try takin it out an puttin it back in a if that dont help ill jus buy another, thers dead cheap newas lol ill let ya know

although i dont know how the cmos battery can run out jus casue i reset the cmos lol but worth a try. Never know

Cheers m8 ill giv it a try. Jus wanted to make sure there wasnt another simple resolution for this :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back