CMOS Checksum error

Status
Not open for further replies.

SchweeDubulus

heres the short story:
i bought a computer with a viewsonic monitor and a bfg tech graphics card. i had choppy videos and video games. after updating drivers and all sorts of other bs, i finally found the solution by updating the BIOS. i decided to return the monitor cause of its display (not the computers fault). after trying a few other monitors, i went back to the viewsonic AND I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM AGAIN!

i updated the drivers again and the bios. when i restart the comp after flashing, i get a CMOS Checksum error and it offers for me to restore the defaults. any ideas?

mobo: EVGA x58 SLI
video card: BFGTech Geforce GTX 260 OC2
monitor: Viewsonic VX2835WM

ps: the one difference between the two viewsonics i had (same model) was that the first one came with a DVI-DVI cord. the new one came with DVI-HDMI. however i dont think this is th problem since the symptoms were the same on both.

i know this post was long but i seriously appreciate any help soooo much

Your post is somewhat confusing. So, the "choppy videos and video games" was a separate (and solved) issue from the reason you decided to return the monitor? Why did you dislike the monitors beyond that and why resort to using (repurchasing?) a monitor you've deemed inadequate for your use in the past (although, specification wise it seems okay).

There was no reason to run another BIOS update (unless there was an newer version out which offered something you needed/wanted). Once an update is in effect, it's there for good. You've apparently experienced some discrepancy with the flashing of your BIOS and if it's giving you the option to restore, see where that takes you.

Some more details on your initial display issues and your trail of attempts to remedy them would be helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back