TechSpot

CMOS / Internet time setting

By techcard05
Apr 6, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. elllo sir , i have a problem during booting up CMOS ,and time setting , when window is running then after i click on any web broswer , there is need to change internet time setting , then computer is set to synchronize with " time.window.com .....etc
    then after web browers running correctly ..
  2. Debbie23

Debbie23 Newcomer, in training Posts: 68

If I understood, possibility your computer mobo battery is getting weak, not holding correct BIOS time. Is it that when you start a browser & it detects time off an internet clock & sees it doesn't match your computer's time?
  3. techcard05

techcard05 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

ello sir , I just wants to know if I install window in d : drive then can I format c : drive ..
    lets example if I made 4 partition c , d , e , f drive then I installed window in d : drive now remaining drive is c , e , f
    then I want to format c: drive can I do that .. plz reply
  4. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,392   +36

It seems like you are asking 2 different things.

If you need to reset the time and date:
    Right click on the Clock in the Notification area on the right of the Taskbar> Click on Adjust Date/Time
    • Set the correct date and time
    • Select Time Zone tab
      [o] Make sure your Time Zone is set correctly
      [o] Check Adjust for Daylight Savings Time
    • Select the Internet Time tab
      [o] Check Automatically synchronize with internet time server
      [o] If you don't have a time server selected click on the arrow point to the right of the server box and choose time.windows.com
    • Press Update now
    • Click on Apply> OK
    Note: If the server won't update or the time won't set correctly, please let us know.
    ====================================
    If you need help specific to the CMOS, see HERE.

I don't understand the connection between the time and setting up the partitions.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.