TechSpot

Coca-Cola loses most valuable brand title to Apple after 13-year streak

By Jos
Sep 30, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Interbrand has released its latest report on the world’s most valuable brands, and for the first time in thirteen years, Coca-Cola has been unseated from the throne. Instead, Apple moved up a spot to take the lead with a brand...

Read more

cliffordcooley likes this.
  2. VitalyT

VitalyT TS Evangelist Posts: 1,926   +569

Coca-Cola - screwing up your health across generations. Not much better than tobacco companies.

McDonald's + Coca-Cola = Fat and Stupid, I.e. it takes the latter to gain the first, but they have always been best friends.

tomkaten likes this.
  3. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Maniac Posts: 1,173   +243

What an insult to steve jobs Tim cook did nothing except follow a recipe steve jobs cooked up before he passed, I'm not a apple fanboy by any imagination but I just find it insulting to say Tim Cook got apple to where it is when in fact since Tim Cook took the chair apple is taking the same path when apple kicked steve jobs out of the company.

4. spencer

spencer TS Enthusiast Posts: 204   +22

Because people are smartening up on aspartame???...I hope
    Coca cola contains neurotoxins and mcdonalds nuggets contain silicon;don't worry the reason this exists is because obama loves you and silicon is good for your health.

5. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,021   +913

Glad to see a technology company on the top, not a beverage company.

6. Will only make Apple's second fall more entertaining to watch

7. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 977   +87

McDonalds is switching Happy Meals to water or juice, and not advertising cola's. (You can still request them however.) So healthier choices for kids. That's good!

Now, if someone would make it easy for adults to behave well 'merica might get back into shape ;)

8. misor

misor TS Maniac Posts: 1,020   +153

I'm a microsoft fan but I don't think apple's second fall as entertaining. those are real jobs by real people and it really hurts to lose a job. healthy competition drives innovation. companies shutting down results in a more fragile economy and probably less jobs for everyone else.

cliffordcooley likes this.
  9. Acespaces

Acespaces TS Member Posts: 75   +6

Google vs Apple

The battle of the goliaths

10. tomkaten

tomkaten TS Enthusiast Posts: 89   +31

A 200 billion dollar company that got there selling overpriced gadgets to the ignorant masses.

Nexus 7 tablet = 150 euro.
    iPhone 5c (the "phone for the masses") = 650 euro. My PC costs less than that and it's no slouch either.

It's a sad day when you see people lining up overnight to get the latest gadgets. The same thing happened here in communism, except we were lining up for food. It takes some serious brainwashing to get people to do that, it's just that the former ones do it on their own accord.

So... Not really happy to see any of these slave drivers in the top 3.

spencer likes this.
  11. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,174   +761

Apart from the directors & shareholders, who the hell cares?

12. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,021   +913

That is valid xD!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.