COD 4 lag spikes

By Demyx11
Aug 15, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey please just read this thread its really anoying problem and this forum is really active, couldn't find a proper forum for this but... read please

Code:
    [I]Hello, I bought CoD4 on the PC a few days back. so heres the deal, I started a lan game to try on highest settings if i lagged, I didnt lag untill I moved, if i stand still I have like 40-60fps when I move it lags like every 2 secs, It shouldnt lag since I have a windows vista 64 bit with like 2 programs installed and my computer specs are

Intel Dual-Core E5200 2,50GHZ (overclocked to 2,70GHZ)
    Nvidia GeForce 9500GT 512Mb
    4GB Corsair Memory
    1TB Harddrive

Canyourunit.com sais that I can play this game on highest settings, ANYHOW I changed my settings EVERYTHING to low and it still lagged when I moved (lagspikes) 
    I would really appriciate help! -- I can play Crysis on high settings and I cant play cod4 on lowest :<

Can you run it test \/

[img=http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/3861/99015789.jpg]

PS. Please dont tell me to remove software I dont use on my comp and so on, since CoD4, All drivers for my hardware and some nessacery programs is all I have on my computer as we speak [/I]
  2. Punkid

Punkid TechSpot Maniac Posts: 543

ok i have E4600 and 2gb and the same video card as yours...for me i keep everything to max but keep the anistrophic filtering etc to auto and my game works great
  3. Demyx11

Demyx11 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

I think its my Power supply since its only 250W, I am gonna order a power supp with 620 ;>
  4. Punkid

Punkid TechSpot Maniac Posts: 543

yea that shud help
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.