COD 4 Modern Warfare help

By Baltan
Jul 20, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi Guys

I play call of duty 4 modern warfare on the ps3 and just recently i cant seem to connect to any game i get on then when i go to find games it says.

DOWNLOADING GAME SETTINGS

and this stays on and doesn't move, so i get fed up and get off. Anyone else having this problem at the moment is or there a problem with the servers? Can someone help please?

Cheers

Baltan
  2. Baltan

Baltan Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 250

Anyone know the answer?
  3. Baltan

Someone must know the answer, i have searched and i cant find a solution that works. !!!!!!!!
  4. Sal_118

Sal_118 Newcomer, in training Posts: 47

Well do you honestly expect much from the playstation network?

I guess it really isn't that great of an online service, eh?
    Good thing you don't pay for it:p

Here's the deal, try downloadin' somethin' off the network (update/patch)
    if that works then it's on COD4 servers side...make sure you're PS3's network settings are correct, and set up to allow you to access these servers...

found it meing.

"Call of Duty 4 Downloading Game Settings is an error message that occurs on the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of Call of Duty 4. The error message locks the screen, making it impossible to play the game online."

possible causes...
    1. Infinity Ward's servers are overloaded since the game's release
    2. Incompatible settings between the user's router and the COD4 servers.

solution...

"just let the game download its settings, for as long as it takes, and after a while the game will be playable again. "
  5. Myzz617

Myzz617 Newcomer, in training Posts: 382

This has happened to me...but the next day i aint have ne issues. I would give it a day or two and eventually it should let u go online.
  6. Myzz617

Myzz617 Newcomer, in training Posts: 382

Ignorant
  7. Sal_118

Sal_118 Newcomer, in training Posts: 47

Myzz617??

Y.M.T.'s!!!

Anyways Like I posted earlier, The problem is usually on THEIR side anyways.
    So being able to access it the next day fits in fine with all the servers being overloaded the day you tried.
  8. Baltan

Found a fix! Just disconnect the modem/router and reconnect it and then PRESTO it works.
  9. kevmo1

kevmo1 Newcomer, in training

the fix would be to play on your comp :) anyways glad u found a fix :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.