TechSpot

COD MW3 (or MW2) "sync every frame"

By DKRON
Nov 13, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. What does that "sync every frame" even do because when i tested MF2 on my Dual 5850's i could only run smoothly on high settings and no aa rather than everything on full but it made the video quality much higher

2. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,627   +113

Is there a separate "Vsync" option? Otherwise I'd guess that would be what "Sync every frame" would mean. Locking the frame rate to the vertical frequency of the monitor.

3. DKRON

DKRON TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 567   +13

thats what i first thought, but usually Vsync makes the framerate better, it seems the impair it on this game

4. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,627   +113

Probably just a downside to running crossfire with this title. Downloaded new 11.11 Catalyst drivers last night, might be worth trying.
    Not getting this game, giving it a miss just like Black Ops so don't have any crossfire experience with it to share :(

5. DKRON

DKRON TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 567   +13

black ops was a complete failure but MF2 is awsome as, just don't turn on the v-sync button and its perfect, not sure about MF3 but looks to run even better

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.