COD4 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently I purchased a new hard drive because the old one died completely. Of course i had to re-install all of my applications and programs. I was using Vista prior to my hard drive dying, however due to a few complications am now using XP. All of my other things are working perfectly, I get up to 300 fps in Counterstrike Source usually closer to 200-250 fps with the settings all on high, everything else is running really smooth aswell. For some reason, Call of Duty 4 not only lags in game, but even just in the menu screen the mouse is delayed. I am using the same settings as I was on Vista (where it ran perfectly) but now it runs terribly. I was thinking it might be an issue with punkbuster because it has given me problems in the past but i really have no idea at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Mitch

I had all kinds of problems with CoD4 when I installed it too. I think I installed new graphics drivers and updated the game which fixed everything. I can't remember if it was lagging or not but I do remember there were some rendering issues. Since you can't run the game in DX10 mode on XP, perhaps your video card needs a different driver or something.

Also, for some reason the game seems to run better when i have it dual video cards selected in the graphics options...dunno why.

Mitch

This is my system:

3. something ghz dual core processor (can't remember and not at that computer at the moment)
8800 gts OC2 640 mb video card
160 gb hard drive
3 gb ram

(i built it myself)

If you need anymore info, let me know.

Mitch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back