Colored crash

By mirkolawe
Feb 28, 2010
  1. hi everyone.
    sorry for my bad english and sorry if i posted in a wrong section.
    i have a problem with my pc.
    my computer radmoly has crash like this.
    i take my xfx gtx 280 to assistance, but they told me they tested it for two days with 3d bechmark software noticed no problems.
    i dont think is a driver's problem, i change it and i tried various, but nothing change.
    i also fomattted already.
    if someone know how to resolve or know what is the problem please help me
  2. Frosty21

Frosty21 TS Rookie Posts: 23

It'd be more helpful if you gave a detailed report of the problem. What exactly do you mean by a coloured crash? When does it happen?
  3. mirkolawe

mirkolawe TS Rookie Topic Starter

see attachment.
    it started two month ago and it happens randomly during the game. then Increasingly and it happens also when i start the pc. so i dont think high temperature is the reason.
    now i formatted and the issue happens not so frequently, but it may increase again. anyway the problem remains.

Attached Files:

4. TheWingNut

TheWingNut TS Rookie

Have you tried the Video card in another computer?
  5. Frosty21

wow that looks bad.
    Any way have you opened the tower case and cleared of any dust that may be building up?
    Temperatures can rise quickly so i wouldn't rule out a temp problem.
    If there's no dust then try your onboard graphics if you have it. Or try using your GPU in another computer.
  6. mirkolawe

im quite sure the problem is not dust or temperature.
    in the coming days i'll take another graphic card (lower price range, an hd 4670) beacause now i cant play anything, and give mine to a friends, so he can test it on his machine. in this way i can understand if the problem is really the graphic card or not.
  7. Frosty21

Sounds good to me, If that don't work, do come back and we'll see if we can help you further.
  8. AtK SpAdE

AtK SpAdE TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,495

That severe artifacting looks like a problem with the video card itself. If the other video card works ok I would RMA the card.
  9. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,689   +395

If it works in other computers but not yours, AND since you've done a reinstall and tried different drivers, I would suspect it doesn't have enough power. Try disconnecting any extras if possible. Or try your buddy's PSU if the card works fine in his setup.
  10. xietianhua001

xietianhua001 TS Rookie

im quite sure the problem is not dust or temperature.
  11. mirkolawe

ok, i give the graphic card to a friend and he had the same problem
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.