Colored pixel dots appear on monitor

Hello guys, I'm having a strange problem, I have a P1 Pro Express Dual LG laptop, and there is a colored pixel dots on my monitor, sometimes they are flashing and changing location every second, and sometimes they are standing still, It's just odd.

My computer also crushes a lot and it seems like the colored dots is the source to all of my problems.
Of course I can take my computer to a technician and fix it, but maybe there is a possible solution I can try before wasting money.
Or perhaps, if there is no solution, what might be the problem (heat, video card, etc.)?
If you need any additional information in order to help me find a solution, just say.

Thanks,
Yours sincerely, Mike.

Hello Mike,
sounds like a video driver problem. Do the dots take some time to appear or do they show right away? How long has this laptop had this trouble?

Tmagic650, first of all, thank you for your reply.
As I turn on my computer a few dots appear right away, but as the time goes by, more and more dots appear on the screen.
My laptop had this problem for a while, about 3-4 months but I never tried to fix it, because when it started it wasn't that bad and he worked fine, and later, well, mostly because I didn't use him.

I'm going to say that the LCD panel is the cause of the pixel problem, and it will have to be replaced

My computer used to crush a lot, have a problem with starting and get over-heated, I don't know how is it acting now, but, do you think that the LCD panel can cause this effects or is it something more than that?

Hey Mike

I am an IT Tech with over 10 years Experience...

There are a couple things that could be going on here...

The most likely is that your GPU/IGP is failing and you are seeing "Artifacts". If you see these dots prior to your OS loading then that rules out any software issues. This is a somewhat common problem in laptops.

The other issue could be your memory is failing. If you have an Integrated GPU/IGP then most likely it is using your memory (RAM) for it's video memory and if it's failing it can cause this issue. (Run Memtest to check your memory for failures).

You can try connecting your laptop to an external monitor to see if the dots appear - if they do then it's most likely one of the two reasons I mentioned above. Rarely does a screen have failing pixels that move around (Not impossible though).

Hope this helps :)

Back