Combine two routers into one network (2wire and Linksys)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akai

Ok so I'll try and explain this, hopefully someone will be able to help me!

We have a 2wire 1000hw router, it has only ONE (1) ethernet port in the back, which goes from that 2wire router, straight to the main computer. However, there is another computer in the room that needs internet. And since there is only one ethernet port in the back of the 2wire router, I had to route that ethernet cable to a Linksys router I have, which now connects both computers to the internet.

However, the main computer is connected to a "2wire" network, while the other computer is connected to the "linksys" network. How can I combine, or just make them both the "2wire" network?

the '2wire 1000hw router' is a DSL Modem+Router device.

you should be able to connect like this
Code:
phone line---DSL router---Linksys
and then connect all systems directly (or wireless) to the Linksys

the wire from the DSL device goes to the WAN connection on the Linksys.

Thats exactly what I have right now, however there is still two networks shown, the Linkysys and the 2wire. And the 2wire one is stronger, which is why I want to combine them.

Because for example, my PS3 connects to the Linksys network wirelessly, but it's extremely spotty and drops all the time and is very slow. However, the 2wire one connected wirelessly with my PS3 is perfect. But my media server is running on my computer (which is connected to the Linksys network), so my PS3 will not find it if it's connected to 2wire network.

hmm; turn OFF WiFi on one of them and use it for ONLY wired connections.

they are fighting with each other

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back