Comcast denies tiered plans, streaming to trump cable by 2016

By Rick
Dec 7, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. As we reported about a week ago, ISPs seem poised to transition from an "unlimited" model to usage-based billing. Comcast claims it will not be one of them, although theā€¦

Read the whole story
  2. I go past 250GB cap almost every month nothing different happens....I havent been paying attention to see if they charge me more though.
  3. madboyv1

madboyv1 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,322   +263

The 250GB limit is a rather soft and blurry one. When I was on comcast I usually hovered between 200 and 300 GB regularly, and never got a call. It's the 500+ GB people they try to clamp down on probably.
  4. amstech

amstech TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 1,440   +593

250GB is not much, which is why many people stay away from Comcast.
  5. bandit8623

bandit8623 TS Member Posts: 45

CenturyLink will be adding a cap as well of 250GB . they will only be counting the download though and not the uploading against the cap.
  6. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 3,481   +44

I upload and down stream over 500Gb's on average a month with comcast with netflix and 7 pc's running on a home server. Comcast gives me no current issues with it.
  7. Xero07

Xero07 TS Booster Posts: 100

250 seems reasonable to me and I'm glad their aren't plans to go lower. Even watching a Netflix movie everyday wouldn't get me over the 250 cap. My games dont use that much either except when I download a new release but that generally won't happen more than once a month.