TechSpot

Comcast, EA reportedly close to signing streaming game agreement

By Shawn Knight
May 2, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Comcast and Electronic Arts are reportedly close to signing an agreement that would allow cable customers to stream games over the company's X1 set-top box directly from the cloud. The two have been working on such an offering for the...

Read more

2. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,021   +913

Eh who would want to business with EA :p.

Skidmarksdeluxe likes this.
  3. It is pretty funny how one of the most hated ISP's is teaming up with one the most hated game production companies.

4. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,093   +1,519

Let me climb out from underneath my rock and ask, what is so bad about either company?

5. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,174   +761

EA has screwed things up pretty badly for themselves recently. What took a few bad decisions and moments to achieve, will take years to rectify, if they haven't drop off the radar altogether by then.
    The last EA game I bought was NFS Shift Unleashed and it doesn't look like I'll be buying any of their products again for the foreseeable future.

JC713 likes this.
  6. Darkshadoe

Darkshadoe TS Guru Posts: 566   +105

I wonder if they count the data the game streams against your monthly allotment.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.