Comcast Mail to Outlook Express

By the grip
Dec 20, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I hope I'm putting this in the right place and I know it's probably I really simplistic question, but here it is:

I have Comcast Cable internet via modem that connects to my DLink 4500 gaming router. I have a PC(wired) , Laptop (wireless), another PC(wired), and XBox360(wireless) all connected to the Cable internet and home network.

I was thinking about changing my Comcast mail to Outlook express -- is this a good Idea? Can it be done? If so how do I do it? If I do it will all my mail accounts go through Outlook or can I just do mine and not my son's and husband's? Sorry again if this is not the place, but I figured you're used to newbies not knowing where to post. Thanks
  2. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,028   +221

Your Comcast email is known as a Webmail solution, while Outlook, Outlook Express
    are Pop3 Email Clients.

All you need is to configure your Email Client to access the Postoffice @ Comcast;
    you will actually still be able to use BOTH :)

The Comcast settings are here
  3. the grip

the grip Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 47

Thank you

Jobeard, thank you for your reply. I followed the link you sent and set up my Outlook with no problems. Thanks I would have been looking forever to find that.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.