Comcast = No Wireless?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartan948265

Hello all,

I'm a current Comcast subscriber and they said that I cannot connect a wireless router to my cable modem. My cable modem is the Arris Touchstone Telephony Cable Modem
Model Number: TM402P/110
Part Number: TM02AJ104

My current NON Wireless router is the D-LINK: EBR-2310 A2 Model
Firmware Version: 1.05 2006 LATEST FIRMWARE

I have spoken to the rep and they said, "that since you live in a hole. That no wireless router will work". That is a DIRECT QUOTE from the rep. I am really knowledgeable about computers so I know that this is bull crap. HOWEVER, I have tried using 2 wireless routers. One from Linksys and I also tried a D-Link router. It gives out a signal but theres no internet and I get a "Limited connectivity" error box.

All Desktops, Laptops etc.. have Windows XP PRO with Service Pack 2. With all the latest updates.

HELP!

humbug!

From your modem, connect a WiFI router to it (or to your existing D-LINK).
Your wireless systems/equipment will connect to the new WiFi router just fine :)

Option 1: replace the existing Dlink; Just cable the modem directly to the WAN connection of the new router

Option 2: take one LAN port from the Dlink to a LAN port on the new router,
leaving the WAN port empty. You only need to configure the new router to NOT porvide DHCP service.
Test it with a wired connection first, then reconfig the WiFi
for SSID, Channel, and encryption key :)

The only hope for the company rep is that s/he was referring to a satellite up/donw link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back