TechSpot

Comcast, Time Warner, Cablevision open Wi-Fi networks to each others' customers

By Matthew
Apr 15, 2010
  1. Comcast, Time Warner, and Cablevision have reportedly banded together to broaden the availability of Wi-Fi in metropolitan areas of New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut. The cable giants have opened their Wi-Fi signals to each others' customers, so subscribers of one company's broadband service can now access hotspots from all three providers.

Read the whole story

2. Cablevision customer here, awesome news!

3. Well that looks to be a smart idea as Verizon FIOS in the Metropolitan area has had this out for over a year now. Can't say I would ever use any of those 3 companies for internet as I have a 35Mbps Upload/Download through Verizon for $35 a month in my house and those rip off companies could never even offer me 10Mbps for that price pretty bad marketing in my opinion. Good thing they are following the leaders of the broadband market to make them look better.

4. Talan

Talan TS Rookie

Are you talking about this plan?

$119.99/month online Includes:
    Verizon Freedom Essentials
    FiOS Internet 35/35 Mbps
    FiOS TV Ultimate HD
    See Bundle details
    Regular price is $139.99/mo.
    2-yr agreement required.

BEST PRICE ONLINE
    Save $20/month for 2 years

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.