TechSpot

Command And Conquer 3 Shadows problems (not the only game though)

By Quickshot
Oct 30, 2007
  1. Well, as described in the title, I experienced shadow problems with Command And Conquer 3 and some other games (don't actually remember which ones, but I think they were Real Time Strategy games too).
    The problem is simple : the shadows display incorrectly while in the game. I see some kind of squares in them, or should I say, the shadows are made of squares.

Here are some screenshots : http://rapidshare.com/files/66333032/screenshots.rar.html

Graphic Card : ATI Radeon X1600 (with catalyst 7.10 drivers)

I don't really know where does the problem comes from. Can you help me ?

2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 11,966   +70

In order to be able to open Rapidshare one must belong and I would venture to guess that most people here aren't members.

That being said I'll venture a guess that you are experiencing artifacts. This can be caused by:

1. Your video card is overheating in gameplay. Make sure your video card fan is spinning and that the cooling is adequate in your system; check all your fans. When you play games there is a greater demand on your card which resuults in more heat.

2. Your video card is dying. I have had it happen to me and there really isn't anything you can do except get a new one. If it is artifacting due to dying the artifacting will get worse.

3. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,714   +397

Can you put the pictures up on Imageshack or googlepages or something?
    Have you tried different drivers?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.