TechSpot

command line; change keyboard layout, hotkeys

By Nestea
Jun 10, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hi

I have a pretty big problem.
    I work with various keyboard layouts (languages) under windows xp pro. If I enter command line and want to change the keyboard language i press 'alt + left shift + 1 (2, 3)'.
    Quite recently somebody asked me to help him to get rid of some spyware his pc has had. Out of habit I have changed the keyboard's layout and hotkeyed it.
    What happend when I opened cmd? The 'shift characters' appeared instead of the language to be changed. Minor setback.
    Out of curiosity, I have downstairs a home edition oem windows pc. What happens? The same thing... it is like the 'alt' is not considered when combining the keys.
    As I have to format my hdd I would like to know if anyone knows a solution. Does the same thing happen to you?
    I have some backed up .reg keys but the majority is visual stuff.

I have some other accounts on my pc, that are never used, but it works fine with those, well just tried one but I suppose it works also with the other one as with the administrator account.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Command Processor
    nothing special there.

well, thanks for reading and hope someone can help.
  2. Nestea

Nestea TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 17

anyone, anything?

hey

Two days ago I formatted and what i've anticipated is happening.

and can't get it to work.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.