Commodore unveils Amiga Mini PC with i7-2700K, Blu-ray

By Matthew
Mar 22, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Steadfast in its mission to deliver retro machines, Commodore USA has unveiled a modern take on the Amiga. Called the "Amiga Mini," the system is compact enough to serve as…

Read the whole story

3DCGMODELER TS Enthusiast Posts: 307   +18

this is cool....
    Commodore OS Vision ???
  3. fish4specs

fish4specs TS Rookie Posts: 40

Can I get my NewTek Video Toaster out of storage?
  4. killeriii

killeriii TS Enthusiast Posts: 213   +14

5. Exorbitantly priced is right, but I'd still love to have 1. Twould be a fun toy indeed.
  6. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TS Evangelist Posts: 990   +90

That's probably the nicest mini itx case I've seen, very clean lines. It's unfortunate where they put the Amiga logo, would have looked better under the power button.

I'm surprised a 120watt supply is able to run the speced system, I would have thought it required more power.
  7. Please stop promoting these fake so called Amiga's... :-(

They are not Amiga's and are nothing more than overpriced off the shelf PC parts, in a non custom case that can be purchased on eBay, running a free Amiga emulator on a free OS (Linux) being labelled by CUSA as a "new" OS called "Vision"...

Not to mention CUSA are a company not to be trusted after all their fake photos they have posted over the past two years...
  8. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TS Evangelist Posts: 990   +90

Would you be able to supply a link to this exact design of case? I've been looking on ebay for months with no luck.
  9. madboyv1

madboyv1 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,322   +263

Agreed on Matt's Mac Mini sentiments, at least on a hardware level. I love me some itx goodness, but if I'm going to go THAT small, might as well go with the Mac Mini. *Shrug*

edit: or maybe work with a Norcotek ITX-7 (link = and replace the 60w power supply with a higher rated PicoPSU.
  10. Jesse

Jesse TS Evangelist Posts: 359   +41

That Wasena case is awesome! Thanks for the link!
  11. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,887   +644

Yeah, that case is pretty awesome, just a shame its soo much.

even £50 seems a bit steep but swallable for that size, but £80?!

oooww, well, it is a nice case after all :)
  12. It's the Streacom F1C Chassis