Comouter Won't Power On

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, this is my first post. Ok well basically I was going to hook my computer up to my TV downstairs and in the process of picking it up and putting it down I may have jostled it. When I found out I didn’t have all the parts that I needed to complete my project, I brought it upstairs again (Probably Jostled it then too). Well when I tried to start it back up it wouldn’t even make a sound. Nothing in the computer moved, the only thing on was the little green flashing light in the back of my power supply. So I contacted Hp and after about a half an hour they told me it was something on my motherboard. So I spent about 4 hrs reading things online and taking out parts. I took out all my pci cards, memory, and HD. Still won’t work! I tried taking out the little watch battery on the motherboard, no luck. Checked all of my connections, nothing is loose. Looked for burnt parts, none (May I remind you that It worked before, and I did not turn it on in the time between turning it off and going downstairs and upstairs so nothing could have burnt out-right?)

I don’t rly know my specks other than I have 2 gigs of ram- new
And my computer is an hp pavilion a545c

PLEASE HELP ME FIX THIS, I LOVE MY COMPUTER!!!

Does the power supply have a on-off rocker switch on the back? Is it on?

It seems like a coincidence but that aside, perhaps the power supply chose that moment (or partly as a result of the jostling) to go south. Do you have another power supply you can test with?

I'm a little confused. I thought you were asking for other possibilities. If you believe it is the motherboard as HP said, what is the purpose of this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back