Comp Build - Cheap office work

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComputerFail

* What are you going to use the PC for? - Browsing and office work (MS 2003 or 2007). If possible, also run Battlefield 2 and Age of Empires 3
* How much is your budget? - Lets say below 700 sterling but the cheaper the better
* Where are you located? (aka fill out your profile) - England
* Are you willing to buy online? - Yes
* Are you going to re-use any parts from an earlier build? - Nvidia GeForce 6800 graphics card, a DVD reader and DVD re-writer (i'll provde specs if needed), monitor, 1gb ram DDR2
* Do you need other peripherals like a monitor, keyboard and mouse, among others? - nope
* Have you already bought any parts? - nope

I have posted my previous problems in some other threads. I wont go into it but I would like to know if it was feasile to save the new HD I bought.

This is supposed to be a completely new build so case is also needed.

The main thing is that it can run office 2003 smoothly, with XP professional. I have a Hitatchi HD that i bought recently that i can format.

Just confirm the interface on the video card and on the drives (SATA or IDE). Also, it'd be great if you could get the brand and frequency of the memory you're re-using.

+1 to Tedster's recommendation, OpenOffice is a fantastic free alternative to MS Office. Try it out first to see if you can work with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back