Comp crashing after loading windows

By loganjenkins
Jun 3, 2009
  1. yeah hello, usally i would get my dad and or brother to help me with this problem but they both cannot fix the problem.

i was on my computer last night, working fine.

i got out, to come home with my computer non-stop crashing.

i turn on my computer it goes to the windows loading screen, after that it just goes black and restarts my hole computer.

i am unsure of how to fix this w/e can any 1 help please..

i would like to avoid formating my computer as i have lots of important files that i cannot get back.
  2. antil0ck

antil0ck TS Rookie Posts: 17

Check all of your connections to ensure that everything is seated properly. If you have multiple sticks of RAM remove them all and try rebooting the system with one stick a time replacing each stick each time you reboot. If you are still having issues, and assuming you are using XP, then try inserting your XP disk and running a repair. Other than that, you can always slave that drive to a working computer and extract all of your data first and then reformatting your drive and installing a fresh install of windows.

good luck!

3. Tritton

Tritton TS Enthusiast Posts: 108

before you do that. press F8 then at the bottom should be the option to 'stop automatly restarting' press this. it may load it may blue screen-if it does blue screen make note of the error code (just the first bit-oxoooooo** the last to digits it the import bit)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.