Comp still BSOD after factory reset and new hard drive

jim13

The first few days it was doing fine and had no issues until I just had a random bsod. I figured that it wasn't much of an issue since it didn't happen again for a couple of days. Now after around 10 days, i can't start up my computer because every time i log in, it bsod.
My computer is a HP Pavilion a6242n PC.
I have a NVIDA graphics card and I run windows vista.

It also sometimes wont start up, it hangs at the black screen with underscore or it freezes while windows is loading. It BSODs with iqrl not less or equal and something with nvstor.sys. Before it bsods, it freezes and repeats like a humming sound when I was listening to music.

nvstor.sys refers to a nvidia video driver. Try updating or re-installing this driver from HP's support website

I updated my video card (nvida geforce 9600 gso 512) from geforce.com but it still happens. My computer also sometimes freezes for a few minutes every ten to twenty minutes. It sometimes bluescreens after that or sometimes it just goes back to normal but will still freeze.

You really need to get the video driver only from the HP support website for your model computer... Unless you have installed this video card yourself

i know. I have downloaded the latest one but it doesnt seem to be working. Also, sometimes it seems that windows doesnt seem to be responding. Like i try to open task manager and it wont work or the task bar freezes.

I'm not sure, how do I tell?

EDIT: The computer sometimes doesn't start up. It stays at the windows loading screen forever. It usually works after I run it in safe mode and restart it.
EDIT 2: It doesn't seem to bsod anymore BUT it sometimes doesnt start up and it sometimes freezes for 2-3 minutes.

Ok, I got tired of it always freezing so i reformatted my hard drive and reinstalled windows vista. During the installation I got an error: 0x800703e6 and said that it could not be installed. I restarted my computer and now it stays at a screen with a blinking underscore. It wont move past it.

How do I do that? Also, when I try to install windows, it stays at expanding files (1%) for over 3 hours.

Back