comp turns off after 5 sec.

Status
Not open for further replies.

twite

Hi, i just mad some changes in my comp, and now when i turn it on, it stays on for about 5 seconds, and then turns off..help PLEASE!!

well, i installed a water cooling system, but haven' t plugged it in yet..and i had to disconect the motherboard and may have done something then

If you haven`t plugged the water cooling system in yet, then your system will overheat and shut down.

Read the instructions that came with your water cooling system carefully.

Regards Howard :)

well i was only planning on starting it up for maybe 10-15 seconds just to make sure my system works..would it overheat that fast?..in just 3 seconds? i plugged in the old cpu and north bridge fan and it still shut down..thanks

Try using a "temporary cooler" and put something cold near the computer and try booting up. It could be the OS, main partition deleted...Who made your computer? If it was eMachines and you put in the water cooling system and problem persists, try putting in the restore disk. (WARNING!: System restore disk usage ends up being destructive and your files will be lost!)

Best regards, sw123

still nuthing..the water cooling system is plugged in..the system starts for about 3-5 seconds and just turns off..it doesnt even give it enough time for it to pull water to the radiator..this is so weird..ant possible cables that i didnt plug in or plug in wrong..thanks

Unfortunately, I`ve never done any water cooling, so I can`t really say what you`re supposed to do.

However, it does sound as though you`ve got some kind of problem somewhere.

Read the manual that came with your water cooling kit and make sure you have done everything correctly.

Regards Howard :)

twite said:
i fixed it..the restart led was plugged into the power :D thanks for all your help

:haha: I guess the 3 seconds was how long he kept his finger on the switch. :haha: aaaah, that felt good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back