Company of Heroes: Problems to be aware of

Status
Not open for further replies.

snacks

Looking for an RTS for the new computer, and it's probably going to be Company of Heroes (and probably the expansion). I've heard of some really convoluted patching issues, and some people having no trouble at all. Wondering if there are any concerns I should have.

You shouldn't have any. I believe if you do them in the RIGHT ORDER, (meaning the game, patches, expansion) you will have no problems at all. They should tell you the order, and if not, read my signature. ;)

Note, that isn't the correct order, I don't think, but could be wrong.

The expansion is actually a standalone game. I haven't had any issues with either CoH or CoH OF. As mopar man said, patch in the correct order and use the correct patches. Some patches are for CoH only and some are for both games.

Relicnews is one website where you can find a link to all the patches. It is a fansite for Relic games such as CoH, Dawn of War, Homeworld and others.

Heh, I completely forgot that it was stand-alone. I have the original, but not OF...

But yes, I also forgot to say that I am going to be jealous. I only got mine to a measly 15 fps! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back