Company of heroes - slow and jerky

Status
Not open for further replies.

jools182

Hi

Just installed company of heroes. It plays ok, but movement is jerky and slow. What can I do to make my system faster?
Here is my system info:

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp.051011-1528)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: FUJITSU SIEMENS
System Model: P5GD1-FM
BIOS: BIOS Date: 08/22/05 11:02:52 Ver: 08.00.10
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.40GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 1024MB RAM
Page File: 573MB used, 1888MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

try reducing the amount of processes that are running and close all unnecessary programmes

I always shut down all other programs before playing and there doesn't seem to be any other processes happening at the same time.Could it be a video card issue?

Your video card is one of the most important factors here so what are you using?

Yes your graphics card is very slow and upgrading it will most certainly solve your frame rate issues.

A 7600gs can be purchased for about 100 online, that card should be a major upgrade from the 6200. Also budget DX10 cards are on the way(8600gt) and are rumored to be debuting at 150-200!!!

Not really... you see that card is not a gaming card per say. It is DX10 cappable, but mainly to run areo glass in Vista not DX10 games. You'd be much better off getting something like an ati 1950pro if you can afford it. It's not DX10 cappable, but will run most any game on med-max settings just fine!

I bought a new graphics card and fitted it yesterday

its a X1650PRO ultimate

Still my games are jerky

i have only tried COD 2 online but as soon as there is any action I get killed becasue my PC won't keep up

Any suggestions?

What graphics settings & resolution are you playing your games on? Company of Heroes runs only slightly jerky with all the details on minimum and at the lowest resolution possible on my friend's PC and he has an Inno3D 6200 AGP and 1.5GHz CPU and only 640MB of RAM. How come it lagged so much in yours? What antivirus do you have installed? Have you tried using it or an anti-spyware program to scan your PC? You might have a spyware infection. Also, have you installed the latest Catalyst drivers from ATI's site after getting the new card?

not sure how to change the settings & resolution on COD
I have Panda antivirus
I have recently scanned my PC for spyware and viruses
I will try the newer drivers
thanks

Well ima just put in my 2 cents that i hate Fujitsu computers...their customer service as well with princetons...Suck :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back