Compaq Desktop monitor on a laptop

By learninmypc
Mar 29, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. After dismantling this pc ,
    I'm left with the Monitor & decided to see if it would work on my Vista Vaio laptop & it does.
    BUT, I don't need the same thing on both screens (laptop too) & I ignorantly ignored the instrctions on how to make it external monitor only. The external monitor is a Compaq Q1859. I will bookmark this thread & will also need to know how to reverse it if need be down the road, thank you. :)
  2. learninmypc

learninmypc TechSpot Evangelist Topic Starter Posts: 5,074   +219

After messing with the settings in the Control Panel>Display setting, I gave up & put the monitor back in the closet where it'll sit until someone in here helps or I find out how to do it. :confused:
  3. learninmypc

After further reading & looking at my manual for the laptop, I don't think its possible to use the external monitor ONLY. So I'll simply lower lower the lid on the laptop & use the monitor since I can see it better & its bigger. But once again, if anybody knows better or anything, let me know, thank you. :)
  4. learninmypc

One last question. This is the Monitor I'm talking about. And this is the laptop I'm talking about. ALL I want to know is, is it possible to have the laptop monitor blank when using the EXternal monitor. ? If yes fine,if not fine. Thank you. :)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.