Compaq Desktop monitor on a laptop

learninmypc

After dismantling this pc ,
I'm left with the Monitor & decided to see if it would work on my Vista Vaio laptop & it does.
BUT, I don't need the same thing on both screens (laptop too) & I ignorantly ignored the instrctions on how to make it external monitor only. The external monitor is a Compaq Q1859. I will bookmark this thread & will also need to know how to reverse it if need be down the road, thank you. :)

After messing with the settings in the Control Panel>Display setting, I gave up & put the monitor back in the closet where it'll sit until someone in here helps or I find out how to do it. :confused:

After messing with the settings in the Control Panel>Display setting, I gave up & put the monitor back in the closet where it'll sit until someone in here helps or I find out how to do it. :confused:
After further reading & looking at my manual for the laptop, I don't think its possible to use the external monitor ONLY. So I'll simply lower lower the lid on the laptop & use the monitor since I can see it better & its bigger. But once again, if anybody knows better or anything, let me know, thank you. :)

One last question. This is the Monitor I'm talking about. And this is the laptop I'm talking about. ALL I want to know is, is it possible to have the laptop monitor blank when using the EXternal monitor. ? If yes fine,if not fine. Thank you. :)

Back