TechSpot

Compaq Evo n610c BSOD

By sibiology
Mar 5, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello,

I have a Compaq Evo n610c notebook. I am having issues with the BSOD and auto restart.

I have had this laptop for about 3 years now... I have NEVER had this problem before. I have recently reformatted my harddrive (before that I had a virus). I have only been getting the BSOD since the reformat. It happens at all times - not just when the system is taxed. Sometimes it will do it right after start up, other times it will do it after 4 hours, somedays it doesn't do it at all.

I do not know much about the inner workings of computers... if I can not point and click it I will need exact details on steps to take haha. (I hope that doesn't sound pushy hehe)

I have attached my last 5 minidumps. I have read through the other posts and I do not have a RAM stick that I can just take out and replace... I also do not have a floppy drive on my laptop. I am not sure what I need to do at this point. It is very frustrating!!! Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jenny

Attached Files:

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

4 minidumps crash at ltmdmxp.sys. This is your modem driver. Try updating the driver.

1 minidump crashes with memory corruption. This may or maynot be related to your other crashes.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:
  3. sibiology

sibiology TS Rookie Topic Starter

I just updated the modem driver - I will see if this helps. Thanks a lot!

Jenny
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.