Compaq laptop not starting up, but power light is on

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Presario X1000, I recently sent it in for service b/c there was a loud noise coming from where the fan is at, when the fan was not working. I got it back, and the noise was still there but not as loud, HP said they changed something in the motherboard, I'm not sure what b/c they did not send me a statement, I had to call up and ask. It's been about a week since then and now the laptop just froze on me all of a sudden, the screen went a little weird on me with waves going from one side to the other of the screen. I called HP and they had me reset the laptop, I even took out the ram and then it worked. But it happened again about 2 days later, same exact scenario, and this time, I can't get it to work. HP's answer to the prob. was that it could be the ram so they're sending me the ram for me to replace. I don't know much about computers but it doesn't sound to me like it could be a ram prob. I would really appreciate any advice I could get from you guys.

Thank you.

any answers ??

did you finally got soln. for the problem ? I am also fighting to find a soln. to exactly similar problem I have...just that I have a compaq X1050.

any help or links

:wave: :wave: guys any help here....out of warranty period...pls help...how to identify the problem...wondering if I can do some testing myself to find the issues and cure them...when i start the laptop ..powerlight and fan work but don't hear the harddisk running...nothing comes on screen...

I have the same problem as described in this last post. I have a presario 920EU (AMD XP2000+, 30 GB, 256 RAM, Ati) and since 2 days ago it locks up on boot, or in windows, or the HD just doesnt even start, or the screen suddenly goes black and the HD doesnt make any noise anymore while Im in windows ...

I had a few blue screens but 99% of the time I get nothing, it just happens.

I've downloaded the laptop schematics, and took it apart completely to make sure all cables were still properly attached, cleaned it out too. The reason for this is, sometimes it boots after I bang it ... but I cant manage to get it working or more than an hour, and most of the times it shuts off after a few mins, or even doesnt boot and while the power light goes on, the HDD doesn't start, or the compaq screen freezes, etc.

Im seriously doubting its a heat prob, I'm lucky enough I can get all my files off it though but until now I still don't know what the problem is. Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

Need Help - LAPTOP WONT COME ON

Last night the laptop locked up - for no apparent reason .... couldnt move the mouse - couldnt turn it off nothing .... finally the battery died and it went off - so today I tried charging it and turning it back on .... only to discover that the power light is on but I can't TURN it on - for instance I plug the AC in the back in and the light showing its charging comes on in the front but I get no power on when I hit the power on button? Any ideas - Im in a jam and need the thing to WORK !!!! NOW !!!! HELP PLZ!

PS IT IS A COMPAQ V2000 LAPTOP - and the ac plug is NOT Loose that is attached to the motherboard. The second I plug it in I get a light in the front showing its plugged in but i got to hit the ON button by the keyboard and NOTHING !!!!

I have the same problem with compaq cq60. At first, it took about 2 mins to start up after I pressed the power button(not the OS,the PC itself). So today, I pressed Esc during startup and selected self-check(or something like that)It runned. Everything ok. I pressed Esc to go back, and the nI wanted to see the error log, so i pressed F11. It didnt work, actually,it froze there! I removed the bat and Ac. I replugged it, powered on... nothing , for 10 minutes nothing, i did a hard reset, still nothing. Any solutions on that, Maybe a recovery USB that automatically flashes the BIOS from USB thumb?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back