Compaq LCD problem

Hi folks, I have a compaq nx9005 and my screen fails to show images when i turn it on.When i connect it with an external monitor, it works. Surprising thing is, I tried the lcd with it's signal cable and inverter on another laptop and it worked. Could it be that the motherboard is fried? Otherwise if anybody knows a way around it, please let me know. Thanks

This sounds like a power supply issue in that the inverter is not getting the correct supply. Is there a fuse on the supply, some laptops do have them.

This sounds like a power supply issue in that the inverter is not getting the correct supply. Is there a fuse on the supply, some laptops do have them.

yes the supply is fused and the inverter is working perfectly well because the backlight of the screen shows and the whole screen unit(the screen, inverter and signal cable) have been tested on another laptop and it worked.

I understood that the inverter and screen are fine. What I was suggesting is that the PC in question is not providing any power to the inverter.

Back