Compaq Pres V2000(V2405US)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought it used and had for a year now. I had to buy a universal ac adapter from Kensington(70W) for it. After I started usuing it I started to notice that battery started to hold a charge for less amount of time and and eventually never even recognized battery, but when I went to control panel it never made any reference to the battery not being good or other. (sorry I am a newbie). But then about 3 months ago I was using laptop which i do have on a stand so as to allow not over heating and it just shut off. no lites ever have been seen since that day. I know the Kensington adapter uses No. 9 for my brand of laptop and I have read that the connection is not a good one with compaqs or HPs and I know parameters for what my laptop needs is only 65 watts in adapter. So heres my question.. how do I find out what is wrong without paying hundreds to someone just to have them tell me its the motherboard or something else that is going to require more cash than I can afford. If i find another battery that is charged and put it on mine and it turns on that would suggest I need a new connecter for ac plug to work correct?
thanks
vicki

generic power packs can be trouble and short battery life.
You may need to replace both with quality replacements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back