Compaq Presario 2200 screen flicker

By Noam
Apr 28, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi,

I've got a Presario 2200 whose screen flickers black and white horizontal lines at some of the angles its positioned at. Usually if I open it up at a big angle it's fine, but as I go more acute the flickering starts. At some point the screen even goes black.

I tried opening it up to see if I could identify anything wrong with the connection but it seems fine. I even disconnected and reconnected the display cord. Still flickers.

Anyone have an idea of what I could do to fix this flickering?

One more thing, which is more my second priority... the wireless networking in the laptop doesn't work. The blue wireless button won't even turn on. What should I check? The wireless antenna cables in the Mini PCI communications board seem fine..

Here are the laptop's manuals: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/manualCategory?lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=442823&lang=en&

Thanks in advance. =)
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,682   +153

What shows on an external monitor?
  3. larrrardintx

larrrardintx Newcomer, in training Posts: 27

The screen flicker is most likely caused by a faulty video cable connecting the display to the motherboard.

As for the wireless module, if it wont power on then the switch is defective. IMHO those switches are the worst thing since ground beef and sauerkraut (A college roommate of mine actually made that once..........HORRIBLE! :dead: ) I usually lock mine witha plastic shim, and just control; the wireless from Network Connections inside the Control Panel
  4. FoReWoRd

FoReWoRd Newcomer, in training Posts: 238

have u installed all the driver for ure hardware??
  5. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,682   +153

"As for the wireless module, if it wont power on then the switch is defective"...

Not necessairly. Sometimes this is caused by a corrupt OS, or a bad motherboard
  6. schatzi891

schatzi891 Newcomer, in training

Hi Everyone...

Can anyone please tell me where the wireless switch is on the Presario 2200?

Thanks for your help!

Sylvia :)
  7. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

8. schatzi891

schatzi891 Newcomer, in training

Thanks Much kimsland...
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.