Compaq Presario CQ61 screen goes dull and on and off when moved

terry5880

hi all got compaq presario cq61 when imove the laptop screen i get picture etc but sometimes it goes off when moved and very dull but can still just about see whats going on .. could this really be a loose wire knowing how tight the wires normally are or an inverter problem please help

ah ok i will open and have a look if wires seem fine then would it def be the inverter or could it be another problem .. as when moving it goes completely off sometimes and other times its reall dull and can still make out whats on screen just ? thanks for quick reply magic your a diamond

what u mean LCD problem mate .. so like if i check wires and not that , then inverter 90% chance but if not then whole screen need replacing

It is possible the the LCD backlight assembly is burned, but the inverter or it's connections are the first things to check

ok found the problem he big wires /plug that goes from the left side under keyboard 1 end plugs into inverter other bit goes under screen somewhere ..im thinking to the topwell everytime i touch the wire near the plug and under the metal hinge on left it goes off and on there is no cut in wire so thinking faulty wire can these wires be bought and what are they called please

It's called the video cable from the LCD display to the motherboard. You may be able to get the entire cable from EBay or the manufacturer HP. The internal wires aren't sold separately

Back