Compaq Presario F700 boot issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have compaq presario f700 with amd mobile septron, windowos vista basic, i like windows xp, i have external dvdrw, when i put in xp professional but there is no booting, plz tell me what i do for boot my laptop....

System Startup press F9 key to change boot order

Or press f10, and then follow the instructions on the screen.
If the Setup Utility menus are not visible, press esc to return to the menu display.
Select CD-ROM boot―Enable/disable boot from CD-ROM
Then use the arrow keys to select Exit > Exit Saving Changes, and then press enter

Chat with HP:

Read: HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Repairing or Reinstalling The Operating System

Help With Your Hp Product
: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic100655.html

thanx for reply......

i do Disable the cd-rom but nothing and i do enable cd-rom but noting else.....

i am trying to boot from external usb dvdrw but there is no response in booting, i am searching vary time in BIOS but there is noting about usb CD or DVDrw option....

plz help....

Can you give us some more information. I don't understand, you have Vista Basic on the internal HD and you are trying to boot XP from an external HD?

I recently been having a problem with my Presario where the power is coming on, but nothing shows up on the screen. Also, after a couple seconds, it reboots and the problem is repeated.

However once i a while, the boot goes through fully and the screen does show up, as if nothing has happened.

Can anybody please assist me in this matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back