Compaq Presario v6000 no power

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombie

I have a Compaq Presario v6000 and it doing not have not power not even a flicker in the screen just plain dead I used it the night before and world fine but today i try to turn it on and nothing. I try the power adopter and that was fine and i try the battery on a other computer that was fine. What I can say that the light on the side that u plug it in to the adopter that light come on but it just will not come on for nothing. So can any body can help me with this problem I am having.

does your laptop react on power button pressing? can you see the power led turns on when you press the power button?

zombie, check if PSU "ticks" after inserting it in AC connector of laptop. if it "ticks" - you have short sircuit on 19v bus.

I am not sure what u mean by that "PSU" but there is know short or spark and have a new adapter I try on it and the other think that there is no burn parts on the mother or nothing it is clean. What i think is that one of the resister(s) have gone or some think but I am not sure witch one to check to conform that problem.

ok thanks but no that is all good even try one that I positively sure it is working but nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back