Comparison of ATI vs Nvidia video cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

fodog

Is there any site that lists which ATI video card is a relative equal to which Nvidia card? I am not as concerned with comparing specs-I can do that by reading on each card but was really looking for a quick reference to compare ATI and Nvidia cards and prices. For instance, the closest ATI card to a XFX GeForce 8600GT XXX card is what? etc....Thanks!

Awesome listing! That is what I was looking for because the numbering system of the different cards wasn't making sense to figure out which cards were comparable. I tried to compare even memory, etc but still wasn't figuring it out....awesome listing-I am looking for best couple of cards I can get under $100 each to run 3+ monitors...was leaning toward a Crossfire based MOBO but was only finding good info/prices on Nvidia....Thanks!

fodog said:
Awesome listing! That is what I was looking for because the numbering system of the different cards wasn't making sense to figure out which cards were comparable. I tried to compare even memory, etc but still wasn't figuring it out....awesome listing-I am looking for best couple of cards I can get under $100 each to run 3+ monitors...was leaning toward a Crossfire based MOBO but was only finding good info/prices on Nvidia....Thanks!
Here's some master lists:

Nvidia:
http://www.techarp.com/showarticle.aspx?artno=88&pgno=4

Ati:
http://www.techarp.com/showarticle.aspx?artno=88&pgno=2

That's pretty useful. I too always wondered which ATI cards were comparable to some Nvidia cards. Being I never owned an ATI card I didn't know how the numbering worked either.

jonmcc33 said:
Are you giving me advice? I am not looking to upgrade. I was pointing out that the THG video card roundup is old.

I didn't see you suggest an alternative. Why not create your own chart if you feel theirs is not adequate or thorough enough for your likings?

Zenosincks said:
I didn't see you suggest an alternative. Why not create your own chart if you feel theirs is not adequate or thorough enough for your likings?

Sure, do you want to send me one of everything? I'll go ahead and get started on it.

Exactly. So if you aren't going to post a better alternative, and you aren't willing to go the extra mile yourself, then keep quiet. This world can do without your empty criticism.

You know, I wouldn't be surprised if you took a hit by the ban stick at some point in the near future. Every thread I've seen you in you've been absolutely useless and at the very least extremely argumentative.

Calm down... Comments about other members does absolutely nothing for the quality of a thread.

Pointing out that cards are missing from the charts, as well as that the data might be outdated, is quite valid. The main problem with the chart is that it doesn't tell you what time and which drivers it was tested with, nor does it say what system was used for testing. But it is a highly useful chart to get a rough idea of cards performance, as long as you take this into account..

MrGaribaldi said:
Calm down... Comments about other members does absolutely nothing for the quality of a thread.

Pointing out that cards are missing from the charts, as well as that the data might be outdated, is quite valid. The main problem with the chart is that it doesn't tell you what time and which drivers it was tested with, nor does it say what system was used for testing. But it is a highly useful chart to get a rough idea of cards performance, as long as you take this into account..

I agree on all of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back