TechSpot

Compatability Quiz

By flatearthling
Feb 3, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have cards from my old HP that I wish to install in my Dell Dimension 2300. I have a type 100 RAM card and a Gel Force video card. Dell calls for a type PC133 Ram card. Is my type PC100 card compatible. WILL IT WORK? BTW my Pandora stopped streaming Steely Dan while I was posting this - bummer.
  2. dustin_ds3000

dustin_ds3000 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,128

the ram should work because its backwards compatible with lower speeds. but i cant say anything about the video card, you don't give enough information
  3. flatearthling

flatearthling TS Rookie Topic Starter

thnx 4 reply

I will try the ram card and see if it works. The video card is a geforce. says bfg on it. It is some kind of nividea card and has a disc BFG gamers tool kit. The card says BFGR552560CP on it. this does not correspond to any cards listed on the nividea site. Leg acy or other wise. So i cant really identify which card it is. Its an HP pip card and i wish to install in a dell. I'm tempted to just install card and software and see if it works. What harm could it or the ram card do?
  4. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,048   +75

I am not sure your RAM will work with faster RAM Modules you already have; and even if it does; it will bring the faster ones down to the lower speed as well.

and that BFG card is an geforce 5300 i think.
  5. ucould2

ucould2 TS Enthusiast Posts: 335

double post

:rolleyes:
    So find my answer herehttp://www.techspot.com/vb/topic142442.html
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.