Competed 8 steps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I had a trojan recently, and restored my PC before I found these forums. Problem is that I had to use a recovery partition because I have a netbook with no disc drive, and no access to an external disc drive. Then I read that it may be possible for the trojan to infect the recovery partition too, so I figure trying these 8 steps would be a great help in letting me know it's fully gone.

Thanks in advance!

Your logs are clean, but this doesn't mean that the system is clean. I would advice you to perform regular scans after each software update. In the mean time make sure that you have a good firewall installed and running. I recommend Pctools, and or ZoneAlarm. These are the best in terms of simplicity, and usability. The best I have come across is Comodo, but this is more suited for advance users. Make your selection.

Thanks for the quick response.

I have Zone Alarm free edition running, though one thing I have noticed is that every 15-20 minutes it pops up with this message:

The firewall has blocked Internet access to 192.168.1.1 (NetBIOS Session) from your computer [TCP Flags: S].

It just seems strange since my router's IP is 192.168.1.254, though I do have other PC's running on the network. Is it possible a trojan could be initiating this or is it nothing to worry about?

Sorry if this isn't the best place to ask about this, I already have a thread on the zone alarm forums, but figured you may know something about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back