Complete ***** Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

smileyriley2

Evening All,

I need your help desperately. I have a Belkin Wireless Keyboard and a Logitech Wireless Mouse installed on my PC. I recently unplugeed them both (at the same time) to replace them with a Logitech Keyboard and Mouse bundle. The net result is that my PC now recognises the new hardware but I dont have the means to install them as none of my keyboards or mics work due to prior removal. I have tried a PS 2 keyboard and mouse from another PC and neither are recognised.
What options are open to me?

regards
smileyriley2

Have you tried to plug in the new mouse and keyboard and restart the computer, with the restart button on the front of your computer as the mouse and keyboard no longer are working??

Steven

have tried that and the found new hardware wizard starts. This is all well and good however the mouse and keyboard work (and neither do the originals) so I cant start the install.

smileyriley2 said:
This is all well and good however the mouse and keyboard work (and neither do the originals) so I cant start the install.
You need to take a bit more time in writing a post so you don't write an illogical statement like that again.

What OS are you running, and what are you trying to install? Keyboards and Mice are covered by generic drivers that come with Windows, the only time you would need to install anything for them would be if there were some special functions that generic keyboards and mice don't have.

But if what I think you are trying to say IS true. Boot up in safe mode, that will force Windows to use the generic drivers and then you can install whatever junk you think you need to install.

Let's try this simple test. Press num lock. Does a light come on on the keyboard? (Or caps lock.)

When you restart, if you press the appropriate key, can you get into the bios. Do other keys work in the bios?

Do the damn keyboards or mice work or not? You contradicted yourself so many times in your two posts...

I know you're new here, welcome!!!, but PLEASE go read https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic33297.html This will help you avoid incurring wrath for poor posts.

OK I will try and post a little clearer.

Years ago I had a regular PS2 mouse and keyboard. Some years later I successfully installed a Belkin Wireless keyboard and a logitech mouse (both have worked fine for ages) via USB. A friend recently gave me a logitech keyboard and mouse of which I tried to install tonight. Here is what I did.......

I unplugged the Belkin keyboard and logitech mouse and plugged in the new logitech bundle. The found new hardware wizard came up but neither the mouse or keyboard would let me input so I couldnt complete the installation procedure. I removed the bundle and tried to reconnect my old hardware (the Belkin kboard & logi mouse) but the found new hardware wizard came up again!!! I had the same problem again but this time I couldnt install my original hardware.

I then got another keyboard and mouse from my other PC (both are PS2) and neither were recognised therefore I basically have 3 sets of input devices for my PC - 1 cant be recognised (PS2) and the other 2 wireless bundles need a mouse to click during the set up but neither work.

Please help

Hopefully this is clear enough??

smileyriley2

Goalie said:
Let's try this simple test. Press num lock. Does a light come on on the keyboard? (Or caps lock.)

When you restart, if you press the appropriate key, can you get into the bios. Do other keys work in the bios?

Do the damn keyboards or mice work or not? You contradicted yourself so many times in your two posts...

I know you're new here, welcome!!!, but PLEASE go read https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic33297.html This will help you avoid incurring wrath for poor posts.

In answer to your question:
No lights on k board, cant get into BIOS by pressing any of the F keys

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I don`t know if this`ll help, but it might be worth a try.

Shut down the computer and unplug it from the mains. Use the clear cmos jumper on the mobo to reset your bios to it`s default settings. If you can`t find the jumper, you can take the cmos battery out for a few minutes then replace it. Attach the ps/2 keyboard and mouse and fire up the computer. See if that allows you to use the keyboard and mouse.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Ahhh At Last last - a Real Person who knows how to help someone without trying to rub thier nose in the fact that they might not be versed in the hi tech world of hiding behind a monitor whilst poking fun at people in need!

As luck would have it Howard, I can complete the task you have outlined. I will report back in the morning with progress.

TY & Regards

smileyriley2

howard_hopkinso said:
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I don`t know if this`ll help, but it might be worth a try.

Shut down the computer and unplug it from the mains. Use the clear cmos jumper on the mobo to reset your bios to it`s default settings. If you can`t find the jumper, you can take the cmos battery out for a few minutes then replace it. Attach the ps/2 keyboard and mouse and fire up the computer. See if that allows you to use the keyboard and mouse.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Thanks Howard this was great advice!!! It worked with no problems whatsoever.

Regards
smileyriley2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back