Completely Format Hard Drive and Some Partitioning Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Punkid

i want to completely format my HDD so that even its partitions are all goe,i want it to be like when it was new ( other than the fact that there is still physical data on the dirve)...

also i will be hopefully getting a 1tb drive today, probably a caviar black....i wanted to know what is the best partitioning tool i can use and what are the best partition sizes for a 1tb drive

Format with Windows, Create up to four partitions with Windows
or
Create partitions with Acronis.

During Windows install delete that partition and delete yours and re partition and format and move on with the install process my friend,, gl

Windows install disk will do the basics (which sounds like might be all you need) but fyi.... Gparted is a popular freeware partition manager that would also work.See [post=720766]How to boot from a G-Parted-Live-CD[/post] to learn how to download/build it. Then refer to the online Gparted documentation

ok ive got my new hard drive,copied everything to it and i want to format my old one,i deleted the partitions from the windows disk manager thingy and this is what i got

Untitled-3.jpg

look at Disc 1 , one part says unallocated and one says free space????what the hell i want it to be jst one piece of unallocated drive

And your total cost was how much? Did you buy the disk, or get it from a download...

Did all of the files work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back