Component Recommendations?

By Cobra757
Jun 22, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello everyone...
    I've recently acquired a new AMD Phenom II x2 Black Edition processor. My goal is to build a new system as a backup for my laptop. This will be my 5th system I've built and every time I seem to improve on the last setup. Well this time I've decided to see if I can build this system with some pretty decent components without busting the bank. I'm pretty excited about this, but being that there are so many different components to choose from, I figure I would see what other system builders would recommend to get the most bang for the buck. I'm looking into motherboards and video cards riight now. (unless the board has internal video on it already.)
  2. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,259   +41

What kind of budget are you working with?
  3. Cobra757

Cobra757 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Looking at each component with a $100 ceiling cost. Trying to keep within my monthly budget allowance..
  4. Cobra757

Next month I'm considering the motherboard.
  5. LinkedKube

6. LinkedKube

I'd advise just saving up and buying everything together if you're building a whole new system, that way you wont feel like you have to catch up, and some things may be a few bucks cheaper.
  7. Cobra757

Thanks for the Info supersmashbrada... :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.