Computer boots but usb dont work

Status
Not open for further replies.
im working on a dimension 9100 which has worked fine with no problems for the 6 months i have had it. today i tunred it on and it booted normally but non of my usb devices work and cause of that my mouse and keyboard dont work either.
i thought the problem at first was static caused but the sub i have under my desk as i could her cracking as i unplug the power cable.
so i ha ve moved the sub and turned the power of from the plug but non of the usb port still work.

Uninstall them in the device manager, restart the computer and let the computer reinstall the usb controllers.

If you have a PS2 or serial connection try connecting an old mouse / Kb .
Then try to get to your Bios and check for allowing Legacy devices on the USB controllers , and see if you have a setting to allow USB DOS support.
If you can get back to your desktop you can attempt Fastco's advice.

i bought a pci express card with 4 usb ports to connect my mouse and keyboard all was plug and play and went fine.

i dont have a ps2 or serial connection for an old mouse all connects are usb (dam modern desgins)

i have uninstalled all my usb drivers and reinstalled they respond in power but the message device malfunctioned came up.

i can only acess my bios on start up but my keyboard doesnt kick in til my os has started up though i keep trying.

though i have got back into the system and ca work on it im still wanting to know why they arent working.
also the usbs that have stoped working i cant unplug cause they are soldered onto the board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back