Computer boots to black screen?

Last night my wife was on the computer and a message appeared. It sayed hard drive is almost full and windows XP was shutting down. Since then everytime I reboot the computer I get nothing but a black screen. I clicked Ctrl Alt Delete and tried booting in Safe Mode and still a black screen. I tried the Last Known Good Configuration, Debugging Mode still black screen. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My best guess is that I need to delete some files, but i cant get in to do that.

Thanks

Do you have any friends who have some tech knowledge/experience?

If her harddrive is as full as you say it is that is going to cause issues as you are experiencing. Suggest for the future you invest in an external harddrive to store items you want to save. And it seems you will need to delete a lot of files, etc. to free up space. basically Windows can't work.

Do you have any friends who have some tech knowledge/experience?

If her harddrive is as full as you say it is that is going to cause issues as you are experiencing. Suggest for the future you invest in an external harddrive to store items you want to save. And it seems you will need to delete a lot of files, etc. to free up space. basically Windows can't work.

Exactly, how can I get into the hard drive and start deleting these files?

Thanks

Take out the harddrive and slave it to another system. Many people do this to access a drive that is otherwise not accessible. From that system do what you need to do, i.e., delete, transfer, and even run a harddrive diagnostics.

The reason for my question is that it will take someone with working PC knowledge to do this.

I have only known it to be done with a desktop because of a PC's ability to have capacity to install and run several storage devices.

I'm not saying it can't be done only I've never come across it before. One idea might be to buy a harddrive enclosure and place said harddrive in that and connect via USB but like I said, I've never seen it done.

Back