Computer build Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I just recently built my first computer. Everything started up fine, and I set up the BIOS, and set up RAID-0. But when I try to install Vista, it displays this message: "Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media". It doesn't even start the Vista Files. What does this mean? Could it be that my drive is broken? I have a SATA CD Drive. Does this make a difference compared to IDE? When I look into the BIOS, it detects my Lite-On drive. I set the boot order to just the drive only and that didn't work either. Can someone help me out?

Thanks

RAID 0 requires two hard drives. I have not ventured into Vista World - so I have no idea if RAID drivers are included with Vista. RAID 0 is a bad choice - imho. I believe that RAID 1 gives better reliability, since it resembles duplex operation.

More info may help others with more experience to give you pointers.

If you have IDE and SATA HDD, make sure the IDE is the first drive then SATA. Install Vista on the IDE. If Vista doesn't see the SATA, you need to install the chipset drivers from the MOBO CD or go to the site of the maker of the MOBO (motherboard) to get the chipset drivers. Once that is installed. Reboot the PC. When you login back into Vista you'll see the SATA HDD drive appear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back